Story By: Pavvi Singh
From the busy streets and the never-ending night life to the serene beaches, Thailand seems to be a puzzle from a far sight. It is only once you visit the country that you realize that it is much more than an affordable shopping destination.
Fun Fact– The real name of Bangkok is: Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit. It means “City of Angels, Great City of Immortals, Magnificent City of the Nine Gems, Seat of the King, City of Royal Palaces, Home of Gods Incarnate, Erected by Visvakarman at Indra’s Behest.”
Having been to Thailand over 10 times has made me more of a local to the culture. However, I am still not done 😊. Reason? There is just so much to explore. Are you a beach person, does your heart resides in the mountains or do you enjoy both? It does not matter what you prefer because there is something for everyone to take away from this beautiful country.
Places you can’t miss:
- Bangkok– The capital and the biggest city of Thailand. Known for its cost affective shopping malls, Bangkok has so much more to offer. The night life is one of the best in Asia and there is a chance to meet travelers from all over the globe. If you like to enjoy a drink then there are just so many places to hang out. Do checkout Sukhumvit, Floating market, Soi Cowboy, Soi Nana, Damnoen Saduak, Safari World, Tiger Temple and multiple shopping malls around the city.
- Krabi– If you are a beach person then you must visit Krabi once in your life. Known for its small islands around the city, Krabi has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Do take the seven island tour where they take you on a boat to visit those 7 islands. Tup island is my personal favorite.
- Koh Samui– Another destination known for its beaches, Koh Samui is the second largest island in Thailand. In the middle of the island there is a huge mountain rainforest but there’s still a wealth of hidden treasures to explore around the coast. Do visit the big buddha, Chaweng beach, Lamai beach, Maenam beach and the Bophut beach.
- Pattaya– Just about 1.5 hour away from Bangkok is this city called Pattaya. This is city has one of the best walking streets in the world which has one of the best night life ever. The city is famous among backpackers and bachelor’s due to its amazing night life. Go take a walk on the streets and enjoy a beer at one of the hundreds of bars in the city.
- Phuket– There’s always something to do on and off the island of Phuket. Whether it’s raining or shining. The range of activities and places to visit is remarkable for a destination of this size. Another destination known for its beaches which boasts of its temples as well has a lively nightlife. Do visit the famous Phi Phi Island famous for the movie “The Beach”.
- Chiang Mai– This one is for the folks who like mountains. Known for its hundreds of temples and Elephant sanctuary, Chiang Mai is located in the Northern Thailand in the mountains. If you ever dreamed of playing with a baby Elephant or visiting temples or even taking a foot massage by a prison inmate (yes it’s possible) then Chiang Mai is the place for you.
There is just so much to cover in this country that even after 10 trips I am still planning to explore more. Keep watching this space for more Thailand reviews.